LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » People As Places As People
Sub-Forum Introductions
Topic Hello,all!
Hello,all!
Total Views: 1525 - Total Replies: 2
Jul 21 2014, 2:12 am - By cmthomp

Hello! I already posted a thread somewhere else (oopps!!!) but,essentially I'm trying to get a realistic idea of RV life. I've begun saving recently and am hoping to be ready to make a real decision by my 30th birthday in 2016.

Just trying to get an idea of what the lifestyle is like and what my financial goal should be. I have an online job, but I've been looking up info on workamping and other money making options to suppliment my income. 

Theres a lot to consider and I;m hoping hopping around on forums like these will help me determine whether this is for me, how to pick my RV, how to plan a trip, what kind of expenses to consider, ect.

Any help would be appreciated, my first post is  here.

It pretty much explains a bit better what I'm looking for. 

Anyway, maybe I'll see you on the road in a few years.  

Heres hoping!!

*~Aundra~*
Remote Income E-book packed with Resources
Jul 21 2014, 7:09 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

Welcome to NuRVers! I am sure all of the information is a little overwhelming, but once the big things are figured out, the rest is pretty easy ;)

As far as work goes, I usually recommend that if you have an income source, use that instead of focusing on Workamping. Working to trade for a site and a little cash is awesome, but remember that most employers remunerate workamping jobs at about minimum wage. If you have an income source that provides an income greater than minimum wage, you will be far ahead. Work less, enjoy life a little more :)

Good luck in the preparations!

kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Jul 21 2014, 8:28 pm - Replied by: cmthomp

Thank you so much! I'm only looking into things like workamping because we all know how hard it can be making money online and my job can be noisy at times(RV parks don't always offer an abundance of privacy) and online jobs are about how much time you put into it, too.

You're right, it can be overwhelming! I know, for sure, about the size of RV I'm looking for, now, though, so this has helped A LOT insofaras establishing a saving goal. 

*~Aundra~*

Support a Site Member!

*** NuRVers.com ***