Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
I need help! On How to freelance from your computer
Total Views: 2235 - Total Replies: 6
Jul 19 2014, 2:06 am - By StarGypsies

So my husband and I just bought a 1988 travel master completely painted and fixed up the inside and the outside and now about to finish the outside paintjob. We are in Miami and about to move to North Carolina and begin our full timing journey. Though we really don't want to stop there, we want to travel. And we know there are all kinda of gigs and workamping but with a baby we want something steady, and that we can always take with us and make money wherever. I'm currently working on a hippy dippy shop on etsy but I know that takes some time. I've learned recently about freelancing online though. There's pretty much photography, blog writing, data entry, and graphic design freelance work one can do. For the main basics.  And I can do all is the thing. I haven't done graphic design in three years since I graduated highschool but I am getting back on that wagon and learning. I've always done photography as a hobby but I'm not a professional but I still love it and even do my own photo editing on Photoshop or gimp. I started a blog recently themed around my husband and I travels in the rv natural lifestyle healthy living and eating birth babies motorhoming nature etc. I loved to write since I was young so that was a given. Eventually I want to start making how to videos and what not as well as on my blog a lot of DIY stuff.  But I feel like where do I begin ! I've joined odesk but I think being a beginner people don't want to hire me but I'm still applying and trying. Are there any sites or beginners jobs out there for freelancing ? Something that is almost a Garunteed hire and will help give me experience ? I am looking for something more of data entry or writing. Since graphic design and photography takes artistic skill It will take time to get back into and develop. Please let me know ! 
FreeCampsites.net - Your source for free camping locations
Jul 21 2014, 3:24 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

Greetings.. and welcome. 

Two recommended places to check out:

Our post on the subject of working on the road: http://www.technomadia.com/income

And check out LiveWorkDreams.com - they have an ebook on the topic too.

Good luck! 

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Aug 20 2014, 4:34 am - Replied by: StarGypsies

Thank u 
Aug 21 2014, 8:01 pm - Replied by: RusticFemme

If your graphic design focus is on web design, I'd reccomend brushing up on CSS, HTML/HTML5, PHP, etc., so that you don't have to outsource the coding and can bring in as much as possible. Also, many businesses and organization want a CMS like Wordpress or Drupal, so you may want to familiarize yourself with those if you haven't worked with installing and themeing them in the past.
Wayfaring Stranger
Sep 09 2014, 9:25 pm - Replied by: roadbound

Writing for income is a great idea and you can use your blog to showcase your skills for potential employment. I'm still far from getting on the road myself, but I have a foot in the door in the writing area (poker and gambling news), and hope to make that a decent base income for the future.

I recommend that you Google topics on writing news articles to get a feel for the format; then if there is an industry you're passionate about, you can find a topic and write about it on your blog to get experience. You don't necessarily have to break an exclusive story, but you can put an existing story in your own words with a unique angle (trade journalism).

Here is a good article on writing for the web.

Sep 25 2014, 6:29 pm - Replied by: Jerry

It looks like the link you posted has an extra letter. Instead of LiveWorkDreams.com it should be LiveWorkDream.com -- in other words "Dream" instead of "Dreams."

Jerry Minchey 

Remote Income E-book packed with Resources

*** NuRVers.com ***