FORUM
Main Forum Index » People As Places As People
Sub-Forum Introductions
Topic We've been Lurking
We've been Lurking
Total Views: 1935 - Total Replies: 4
Feb 26 2014, 11:29 pm - By geekynomads

Hello everyone!

I figured I should finally post something.  We've been lurking around here for quite some time.  We started fulltiming in March of 2013.  We moved into our 1998 Winnebago Adventurer 32' with no slides with our 1 year old son.  We've chronicled some of the trials and tribulations on our site Geeky Nomads.  Our first motorhome wasn't that great but it was more of an experiment than anything.  We weren't sure if we'd like the lifestyle or which parts we'd like.  We weren't sure if we were going to get work or how often we were going to travel.  Now that we are almost a year into I'm happy to say we sold the 1998 Winnebago and bought a 1999 Foretravel U320 42'.  The Foretravel is more than a little bit of a step up and still handles our one wish - no slides.  It has a lot of unique features and is kind of like the BMW of RV's if you ask me.  I have an old BMW and am constantly surprised by the things they engineered to help the people repairing and maintaining the car as much as the owner.  

The site hasn't been updated in some time.  We originally set out from Pennsylvania in July after the house sold and I quit my job but we only lasted a couple of months on the road before we got sick of it for various reasons and ended up in Florida near her family.  Now we are preparing to take off again so I'll probably update it again.  We made a ton of mistakes which I'll probably post in the forums about like moving a few hundred miles to a new destination once a week which got very old and the sick dog child and cat caused us some problems too.  Our motorhome was underpowered to handle all of our crap as well as a Lexus GX470 toad.  Now we think we're in better shape to hit the Montana and Wyoming mountains.

Anyway, just thought I'd say hi.  I'll try not to be a lurker anymore!

Geeky Nomads! roaming in our 1999 Foretravel U320 4200
Mar 13 2014, 7:18 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

Welcome fellow Geeks! I dig the Foretravels - great rigs.

Happy to have you with us!

--kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Mar 13 2014, 8:55 pm - Replied by: geekynomads

Thanks!  I am fascinated with this rig.  Every day I learn something new that makes makes me proud to have chosen this rig.  I found out that Foretravel actually installed spare wires between the dash, upper cabinets and rear so that you can install additional gauges or whatever you feel like later on.  That kind of forethought is awesome.  I know it's still only an rv and not a bus like a wanderlodge, but 3 months later I still love the thing.  That's a good start :)
Mar 25 2014, 4:23 am - Replied by: BluBullet

Welcome!  I too am not a fan of slides. We had two different trailers that had slides. One electric over hydraulic in our 5th wheel and the other an electric cable system in a brand new travel trailer. We had issues with both and deceided that we would never again own anything with a slide in it. We are picking up a 1999 Prevost Bus Conversion tomorrow and really look forward to a hassle - slide free living!
Mar 26 2014, 2:05 am - Replied by: geekynomads

Your prevost looks awesome.  We looked at a couple and we probably could have settled on one if the right one came along while we were looking but didn't.
Remote Income E-book packed with Resources

*** NuRVers.com ***