Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Propane Tank On Off Valve for '92 RV
Total Views: 1001 - Total Replies: 1
Feb 04 2014, 10:41 pm - By steppinginpuddles

Hey guys - would love any suggestions or recos.  I have a 1992 Rockwood Class C.  The on/off valve on the propane tank is broken and the local repair shop is telling me that because its so old its obsolete and they'll need to replace the whole tank to the tune of $1100!  Does anyone know where I can get parts for this kind of thing?  I'm pretty sure its a very simple thing to replace, I just need to find that part.  Arg frustrating.  
Remote Income E-book packed with Resources
Feb 05 2014, 5:12 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

What kind of repair shop did you take it to? An RV shop or a propane shop? If it wasn't a propane place, I would look one up in the area. Not one that just fills tanks, but the ones that deliver, service, make hoses, etc. Those dudes are awesome, and I am sure they can help you with figuring out the best way to go about the fix.

Hopefully it is not a case where the tank is out of its inspection period (which there might not be one for permanantly installed tanks). If that's the case, it might be illegal for anyone to work on it. But, by going to a propane pro, you will find out the right course of action. 

--kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.

Support NuRVers.com Members!

*** NuRVers.com ***