FORUM
Main Forum Index » People As Places As People
Sub-Forum Introductions
Topic The adventure begins
The adventure begins
Total Views: 800 - Total Replies: 2
Jan 26 2014, 9:45 pm - By Nu_Bee

Hi all,

Myself, my wife and my two kids began our travels right after Christmas 2013.  We packed what belongings we needed in the RV and gave the rest away.  We had been talking about it for years and just decided if we didn't just go we probably never would.   We have been traveling close to a month now and we are really enjoying it.  It is a pretty big adjustment and there is a lot to take in, but we are starting to get the hang of it.  We found this community through Youtube and were pleasantly surprised to find that we arent the only crazy people to do this.  We are going to finish out the winter here in Rockport, TX before heading up into the midwestgreat lakes area for the summer.  We hope to meet up with some like minded folks on our travels and look forwarding to getting to know you all better.

P.S. any advice for a fulltime RV newbie would be very appreciated.

Family of four on an adventure into the unknown...to be continued
Jan 30 2014, 5:05 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

Welcome to the road! The start is always the most difficult. So much to do. Once you have that done, the living part adjusts itself out and is pretty chill :)

I think my only newbie advice is to not try to do it all at once! There are a lot of places to see, things to do. They won't go away. Take your time and enjoy!

--kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Feb 10 2014, 8:06 am - Replied by: margielundy

Welcome to the road! We're a family of 5 coming up on our 4th year now. There are hundreds of families traveling with kids these days, so hopefully you'll connect with many of them.  Hope our paths cross one day.  :)
lundy5.com

Support NuRVers.com Members!

*** NuRVers.com ***