LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will
Sub-Forum General Discussions
Topic Where the warm at??
Where the warm at??
Total Views: 826 - Total Replies: 4
Dec 02 2013, 6:54 pm - By KevsKnight

The Weather Channel is saying the Desert Southwest is supposed to be the warm area this winter. That plays into my plans of heading south soon, and staying the the SoCal/Arizona desert for a bit. Not sure where I will go after that, but it looks like the Hill Country in Texas is included in that warm area.

Where do you think the warm will be? Does it matter to you? Will you go to where you want to go, or watch the weather patterns and pick the warm areas to travel to this winter?

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Dec 02 2013, 7:31 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Right on Kev, see you there!

Sometimes there's just no escaping winter no matter where you go. The deserts can get windy and cold but there's more of a chance of warm weather if you're in the Southwest. We'll be anywhere from SoCal to Terlingua TX this winter probably all the way through spring since we have a conference to attend in Vegas, in May. We're not sure if we'll be in the Hill Country this year but we'll be sad if we don't make it to Luckenbach like always.

Working and Living Our Dream Life
Dec 05 2013, 2:14 am - Replied by: BeBe

We're definitely heading to the socal desert for the end of December and January- see you there! then we'll head down to Baja caravanning with the Escapees to Ensenada and La Quinta before we break off for Todos Santos. Been dying to do the Baja thing...
~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

on the adventure of our lives......
2008 35' Southwind
2010 Subaru Forester toad

Dec 06 2013, 6:35 am - Replied by: twospirits

Don't head here too soon, forecast for the next week has lows at freezing and down into the 20's at night. We are just outside Phoenix now but headed to Tucson in a couple of weeks for the rest of the winter. We just started full timing a couple of months ago so I hope I've researched enough on all the sites to survive without too many issues.
Dec 06 2013, 11:39 pm - Replied by: BeBe

We are here in Palm Desert now and it is definitely chillier than normal but it's supposed to get up to 70 next week.
~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

on the adventure of our lives......
2008 35' Southwind
2010 Subaru Forester toad

Remote Income E-book packed with Resources

*** NuRVers.com ***