Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Jan 28 2014, 1:21 pm - Replied by: wandrly

Interesting thread here, as this is the primary reason I come back here every now and then. I recall Rene mentioning sometime back that this site was going to get a bit of an overhaul, and I mentioned at the time that I'd be more than happy to help in any way I could and would still be happy to extend that offer. I've got all kinds of web designery up my sleeve and whatnot.

I'm not really a "NuRver" as I've never been to any of your actual meetups, but would certainly love to someday when the paths all line up...but I know that personally, I'm always wishing that Facebook was less high school friends and more likeminded people. It's so scattered, it's hard to really figure out what to do once you get on there...

If there was one site for full-timers where everyone was focused on this type of life, talking about where they're at, where they're going, etc. Well, that'd be swell.

What does this site run on? Ever looked into BuddyPress? It's got more "Facebook"-like features which I think alot of folks are more comfortable with vs. forums.  

Wand'rly Magazine
Jan 29 2014, 12:54 pm - Replied by: SnowGypsy

It would be great to see the website become much more active.  We have been involved with camping/RVing for over 30 years and I can tell you that there is a "hole" when it comes to the websites involved with this lifestyle and this is the only website that I have seen come close to filling that "hole". 
Jan 29 2014, 6:41 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Nathan you are DEFNITELY Nu! I hope we'll cross paths soon. We've all been hanging out west this winter. Jim and I are headed back to the Big Bend in Feb/March. Will you be around?

Meanwhile THANK YOU for putting your expertise out there for NuRVers to take advantage of. Kevin is da man who runs it so he can give you the technical specs. I'm still hopeful that he'll be able to get the new site off the ground when he has time and with your help it will be AWESOME.

Thanks for staying involved, and Snow Gypsy, I agree totally.

Working and Living Our Dream Life
Oct 11 2014, 1:53 am - Replied by: effjay

It's a bit of a conundrum.  I know i'm late to the conversation, but building and maintaining an online community is a tricky business these days.

I think the real trick is consistency and that just doesn't always come naturally in a forum type environment.  Maybe a dedicated blogger or two that can provide insight into the NuRVer lifestyle and draw people back into the forums.  A new blog post can also stimulate conversation.  I know you have blog posts now, not quite sure how it's done yet since I just joined tonight ;-)

I like the idea of Tapatalk as well. I use Tapatalk with a couple of other forums and really like the notification set up.  I can tag certain threads and not have to be bombarded with alerts I don't care about.  And, since it's on my phone, I'm never out of touch.

Videos can be another big draw.  Regular weekly segments maybe?  Doesn't have to be anything long.  I once belonged to a gym that did an introductory segment on a different gym member (or couple) each week.  It was usually only a few minutes long but i loved those videos since it gave be insight into the people I saw each day but never really talked to.  In a forum like this it might be nice to put a face to the the handles and avatars in the forums.

I know that regular blog posts and video segments are probably a tall task as everyone on this forum is a busy person!  Just thought I'd throw a few ideas out there! 

Fulltimer Wannabe

*** NuRVers.com ***