LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will
Sub-Forum General Discussions
Topic Amature Radio Operators
Amature Radio Operators
Total Views: 1697 - Total Replies: 3
May 07 2013, 1:10 am - By wb6mri

How many fellow NuRver's are fellow Ham radio operators? I don't mean CB radios but FCC Licensed ham people? I have been meeting all kinds of people who have a cb but not many if any have their FCC ham ticket. Just a friendly question, I am thinking of starting a 10 meter net if we have enough intrest.

Paul

Traveling the West looking for fish and good propagation.
WB6MRI
May 07 2013, 4:26 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

We have our Technicians licenses... and we have a HAM radio that came with our bus.  But we have no clue what to do with it!  We'd love to learn more about actually using it and getting involved. 
Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Dec 23 2013, 12:34 am - Replied by: btrinkle

i've followed along the NuRVers on Facebook for a while and just join this community.  I'm a ham, with an extra class license and my wife is a general.  There are a couple RV nets out there, but I need to work on my portable set up some more to make it more fun to use.  Currently it's too much work to set it up.
Jan 31 2014, 12:57 pm - Replied by: fsc

I have my Technician license and am KC9YMH. I have only a handheld and so don't get a whole lot of action but try to monitor the 2-meter and 70-cm calling frequencies particularly when I'm on the road but also in campgrounds.. I haven't had a lot of luck hitting local repeaters and getting any responses even though I do have the iPad Repeater Book app to help me find frequencies. I'd love to work some other hams. It is my goal to get my General license and to work the HF bands. I do, however, still have a lot to learn about setting up for ham operation in an RV.
Forrest & Mary Clark
Full-timers, home base Green Bay, WI
Foretravel U295 40' (1996)
Honda Fit Sport (2010)

Remote Income E-book packed with Resources

*** NuRVers.com ***