Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
question for all you full timeing hair dressers
Total Views: 2684 - Total Replies: 4
Mar 14 2013, 4:19 pm - By skwirt2

Hello!  We are still in the dreaming, research, planning stages of this full time life style.  We are just 50 years young and will still need some income to live on the road!  I have been a working licensed Cosmotologist for over 30 years and was wondering if there are any others out there who are putting their shears to use on the road for a little extra cash?  I know about state laws and all so dont shoot me on this one!  Thanks and I love reading all the info you guys have to offer on this great site!
Carol
FreeCampsites.net - Your source for free camping locations
Mar 20 2013, 5:14 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

Hi Carol - and welcome to the group!

I was just talking to someone the other day about this. My sister has been cutting my hair for over 20 years, but sometimes it is a year between visits to California to see her. I really dislike walking into foreign salons. I do Yelp and ask around, but it is rarely a good experience.

I think having someone in the park cutting hair would be awesome. I think I would feel more comfortable getting a cut from a fellow vagabond :)  Obviously, mens cuts and ladies trims would be easiest. Coloring and treatments might be a mess with RV plumbing and such. However, I think you can do a decent business at the busier parks. Sure, the state requirements might have a learning curve, but who knows - maybe an underground outlaw gypsy hair salon might be in order!!

Good luck - keep us posted on what transpires!

kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Mar 27 2013, 12:48 am - Replied by: GypsyBanker

hi there, last year while I was in my travels I stayed a few days at a campgroung in Zion.  The camper ( in a class C motorhome) had a sign up at the front of his site saying "bike repairs and tune ups - donationa accepted". I ran right back and grabbed my mt bike and dropped it off for a few hours. It was so convenient for me, I think I gave him $25. He gets around any licensing since it was "donations". I thought it was brilliant!

Jun 25 2014, 11:35 pm - Replied by: MamaJones

Im a Hairdresser as well and I plan on using the "donations accepted" to keep from having to license in each state.  I would think that it would be a decent amount of folks wanting a haircut when they are out on the road.  I know at my salon that a near RV park is always sending people our way..if you were on site - I would assume you could do pretty good.
Dec 04 2017, 12:45 am - Replied by: MilkshakeRV

I work in the Cosmo Industry and everytime I say that in the RV Park they all say ohh I need a haircut.

That would be easy money..unfortune for me I do skincare only 

Dusty Roads

Support a Site Member!

*** NuRVers.com ***