Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Could be full-time in March!
Total Views: 764 - Total Replies: 3
Nov 12 2012, 3:35 am - By WellReadGal

Hi, new to NuRVers site, thought I'd check in...I actually saw this site referenced while reading a great article on the Technomadia site, on getting the best connection out on the road.

I work for an insurance company in Des Moines, IA, and have been telecommuting for 5 years. I have asked for the chance to try working from AZ in the winter, and from various other places once the weather clears. Both of my parent live in AZ, and I want to be able to spend more time with family. My work has given the OK for me to do a trial of 2 months, just to make sure that my being really remote as opposed to 20 minutes away remote isn't going to cause issues. Also, it will give me the chance to see how I do living in an RV for 2 months...

My parents are going to let me use their 36-ft 5er for my trial period, so that I'm not going out and buying an RV, and finding out I'm not up to the challenge. I've camped w/them before in it, so I'm somewhat familiar with the workings of the system. They'll be in the neighborhood to help me learn the ropes, so that's good. When I am ready to buy, I will be looking at a good used Class A or C. I've been going to shows, and researching online, and have some idea of what I'm going to be needing.

When I first mentioned the idea of me giving up my home, and hitting the road, I got mixed reactions. But, now that everyone sees that I'm serious, I get alot of "wow, wish I had the freedom to just get up and go!"

I'm determined to make this work...life is too short, and if I wait until I retire, I just may not take the leap. I figure why not do this while I have a good, steady job, and a paycheck?

I look forward to soaking up as much advice as I can... 

Michelle - Des Moines, IA 

Going FT March 2013
Nov 19 2012, 12:28 am - Replied by: Technomadia

Sweet... welcome!  And congrats for the bravery to take the plunge and live your life as you wish!

- Cherie 

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Nov 23 2012, 7:02 pm - Replied by: Irishrover

Michelle: Welcome to the not so busy forum! This is a great Life! I have been doing this since 1998. Have it no other way. Do seasonal work camp jobs.
Home is where ever the Good Lord wills

Life's to short; Live it now!
Nov 23 2012, 10:19 pm - Replied by: Soody

what a great way to try it out. And with a steady paycheck no less. Prepare to be bitten by the travel bug :) When is D Day?

Remote Income E-book packed with Resources

*** NuRVers.com ***