Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Hello! Newbie from NorCal!
Total Views: 1013 - Total Replies: 3
Aug 09 2012, 4:36 am - By RunForTheHills

I'm new to this foum, and I am glad to see there are others like me... I am on another RV forum, and the retirees are very helpful and kind, but not really in the groove about the modern day economy and work world, or being "green" or "alternative".

I've been living in my trailer, land locked, for over a year, and was just was able to buy the tow vehicle this month. I work in social services, and have an online business (which earned at least as much) but am a little bit chicken to make the big jump... the SF Bay area is very expensive, and I am just making it with my 2 incomes, so jumping to one, even if I move somewhere cheaper, well, you probably know where I'm at!

I'm trying to go as green and as independant as possible, got a solar panel, rain water collection, next, I think I need wind! Oh, and an indoor sprout garden. Might as well be ready fo anything! Doing everything myself, on a tight budget!

I posted some videos, not sure if ya'll can see them here without friending me? Anyways, hope to share!

Jane
LiveWorkDream Fulltime RVing Blog
Aug 10 2012, 6:53 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

Welcome Jane!  Glad to have you here with us :)

- Cherie 

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Aug 10 2012, 8:32 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

Welcome to NuRVers! Glad you found us!

I am from San Jose originally, and can tell you most of the US (once you leave Cali) is a lot cheaper. For example, I stay at a park in Texas that is $350/mo - including utilities! There are a lot of places like that, or even cheaper if you want to stay off the grid for a few months on BLM land. 

Staying in Cali is safe and comfortable, but don't stress about leaving. You will find RV parks are full of fun, happy people that are ready to help if needed. I love my decision to leave Cali every day!

Good luck to you!

kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Aug 12 2012, 11:19 pm - Replied by: RunForTheHills

Thanks Kev! I'm doing $550 here in Santa Rosa.
Remote Income E-book packed with Resources

*** NuRVers.com ***