LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » People As Places As People
Sub-Forum Campgrounds
Topic Key West at Christmas?
Key West at Christmas?
Total Views: 2112 - Total Replies: 4
Aug 07 2012, 6:19 pm - By LiveWorkDream

It's probably too late in the year to get in anywhere but Jim and I were thinking we would check out Key West around Christmastime. For those of you who've been there, what are your recommendations for places to stay, how to get there, etc.? Thanks!
Working and Living Our Dream Life
Aug 10 2012, 6:50 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

Getting there is pretty simple.. there's only one road down that way :)   Staying in Key West may be difficult, there are very few RV spots on that key. But lots of them on the other keys as well. 

We'll be wintering in Florida ourselves, but will likely be doing the holidays in Central FL with family.

- Cherie 

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Sep 16 2012, 9:03 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

We decided to skip Florida this winter. After doing some research we remembered why we don't go there a whole lot...the beatuful beaches are so not dog-friendly, and breed restrictions at so many parks really get our German Shepherd in a huff! ;)

Sep 17 2012, 1:19 am - Replied by: Trippinwithstanley

Bummer Rene!! Surely there are dog beaches to let the roo roam! :( We never ran into any issues, but didn't get as far south as Miami/Keys.
Working on not working
Sep 17 2012, 5:43 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

I know, we really wanted to see you guys. Will you be headed as far as CA this year? You'll find us at the Slabs after mid-January. 

When it comes to dogs, we found that the Gulf Coast is much friendlier than the Atlantic side, which is where I know you guys are going to be. But honestly we're just uncomfortable in FL's tightly-packed RV parks with our very vocal dog. Whenever we do stay in them, we hope that we dont' get kicked out before our checkout date. The wide open spaces of the West's BLM land are much more accommodating for our noisy pack! I hope we'll get to see you.

Remote Income E-book packed with Resources

*** NuRVers.com ***