Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Where do the cool people stay?
Total Views: 1656 - Total Replies: 5
Apr 28 2012, 10:34 pm - By ZenGrrrl

Once I've purchased my RV (in the next 6-8 months), I will be looking for the "cool people" RV park: folks who are fun-loving, techno-savvy, creative/artistic. You know who you are. :-)

Second criteria: sunny weather most of the year.

My household will include 1 small RV (less than 20 feet), 1 SmartCar, Vespa, or bicycle, 1 human (female, single, 52 y/o) and 2 Basenjis, the small African dogs that do not bark.

Your suggestions are much appreciated.  :-) 

Lori

-----------------------------
Zen, Ziggy, & Zhara

The Z-Pack: Zen, Ziggy, & Zhara
LiveWorkDream Fulltime RVing Blog
Apr 29 2012, 1:17 am - Replied by: Technomadia

As most of us are traveling in our RVs, there is no such thing as THE cool people RV Park.  It's wherever the party roams to :)   Two weeks ago, the cool people park was in Cedar Key.  But now most of us have moved on. Cedar Key is still awesome in its own right and well worth a visit even if the NuRVer party isn't there. 

We have yet to find a park that is full of peers, unless we tempt them to pull in with us for a while. 

That said, Pecan Grove in Austin, TX comes close for us, and Austin is a techno-saavy creative town in general.  Would imagine that parks in other favorite cities could have that sort of vibe too.  But even staying in our favorite RV Park in San Francisco, the park itself doesn't give us the community, but rather an ideal basecamp to go out and connect with our tribe living there. 

As I believe I recall your intention is to stay for lengthy amounts of time in one spot, I'd personally recommend aiming for cities that inspire you - and think of the RV Park as your basecamp, and get out and meet locals.  And then let the rest of us know where you're at and tempt us to join you :)

- Cherie 

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Apr 29 2012, 2:15 am - Replied by: KevsKnight

^^^ like
I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Apr 29 2012, 3:55 pm - Replied by: ZenGrrrl

Cherie, thanks for the tips!

It has long been my desire to live in a "village" with a tribe of creative, artistic hooligans (to recreate life at the student co-op during my college years).

Perhaps it will be a matter of founding the arts-focused RV park/tribe/base camp/moveable feast and party. :-)

Lori
-----------------------------
Zen, Ziggy, & Zhara 

The Z-Pack: Zen, Ziggy, & Zhara
Apr 29 2012, 9:25 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

There are lots of intentional commuities out there that are built around various common interests...  perhaps focusing your mobile travels around visiting them and finding the ones that speak to you to settle/move amongst?

I too love living amonst community and tribe.  But I also have wanderlust.  I've not yet found a way to sufficiently merge the two - as my mobile peers are like me, mobile & independent. And my non mobile peers.. well.. non mobile.

Each of us NuRVers has our own unique paces, desires and destinations. Even the ones we most deeply connect with we are not on the similar enough paths to merge with often enough. So, we look forward to our rendezvouses on the road at various places across the globe and enjoy the time we have together. Sometimes they're brief, and sometimes they're not.  But always.. I miss them deeply. 

- Cherie 

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Apr 30 2012, 3:23 am - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Cool is such a subjective thing. What cities/areas are you thinking of checking out?
Working and Living Our Dream Life
Remote Income E-book packed with Resources

*** NuRVers.com ***