LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » People As Places As People
Sub-Forum Introductions
Topic Soon to be fulltimers
Soon to be fulltimers
Total Views: 732 - Total Replies: 8
Apr 08 2012, 2:29 am - By Bryan_N_Toie

Hello!  We are empty-nesters that plan on being full-time before the end of summer. We are both in our early fortys and decided we didn't want to wait to do and see the things we want to. A recent illness taught us that time is too short to waste doing the "sticks & bricks"  We will be starting our adventure in a 1978 Nu-Wa 22ft motorhome. It's a bit fun when your home on wheels sounds like a hot-rod. We are still sorting out the income thing but we will figure that out. Life is an adventure we want to experience.
FreeCampsites.net - Your source for free camping locations
Apr 09 2012, 2:24 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

Welcome!  Life is an adventure... and may the ones ahead of you be fabulous!

If you have questions along the way, you are amongst some awesome resources here. 

- Cherie 

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Apr 11 2012, 12:48 am - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Welcome! Wow, empty nesters in your early 40s? Cool. Time to party now! And we'll all be here to help you get started. 

Your rig does sound cool. Where are you presently located? Any idea where you'll head to first?

Any questions you have, fire away. We may not have the answers but we'll try. Good luck! 

Working and Living Our Dream Life
Apr 11 2012, 9:41 am - Replied by: zennomads

Welcome fellow empty nesters,

One of the advantages of starting our family early is being able to chant "Child free by forty three". Well when our youngest finally moved out we decided to sell everything and hit the road before the kids asked to move back in. Now they just want me to pull a large trailer behind my RV so they can live the life as well.

Good luck and have fun on the adventure.

P.S. Watch out for LiveWorkDream. I've been to their parties and they can drink me under the table everytime.  

Zen Nomads - Wanderers in search of enlightenment
Apr 11 2012, 1:48 pm - Replied by: Bryan_N_Toie

LiveWorkDream wrote:

Welcome! Wow, empty nesters in your early 40s? Cool. Time to party now! And we'll all be here to help you get started. 

Your rig does sound cool. Where are you presently located? Any idea where you'll head to first?

Any questions you have, fire away. We may not have the answers but we'll try. Good luck! 

Right now we are at a friends place in Ainsworth Iowa.  We still have some final details to take care of before we can hit the road. Cook Forest Pa is where we are heading after our oldest son's wedding early July.  We are very excited. 

Apr 11 2012, 2:04 pm - Replied by: Bryan_N_Toie

zennomads wrote:

Welcome fellow empty nesters,

One of the advantages of starting our family early is being able to chant "Child free by forty three". Well when our youngest finally moved out we decided to sell everything and hit the road before the kids asked to move back in. Now they just want me to pull a large trailer behind my RV so they can live the life as well.

Good luck and have fun on the adventure.

P.S. Watch out for LiveWorkDream. I've been to their parties and they can drink me under the table everytime.  

Thanks!!!  We are excited to get started
Apr 11 2012, 2:28 pm - Replied by: Bryan_N_Toie

Technomadia wrote:

Welcome!  Life is an adventure... and may the ones ahead of you be fabulous!

If you have questions along the way, you are amongst some awesome resources here. 

- Cherie 

Thanks Cherie. You and Chris were/are one of the resources I use(d) when we decided to go live the adventure.  Thank you.
Apr 11 2012, 5:09 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

I was totally thinking of ZenNomads when you posted here B&T. "Child-free at 43"...that's funny Sam!

Your ticket to freedom is just around the corner, can't wait to hear about your journey. 

Apr 11 2012, 5:10 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

zennomads wrote:

Hah! It only turns into a party when you two show up!! Then it never stops.

We miss you guys! 

http://www.passportamerica.com

*** NuRVers.com ***