LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will
Sub-Forum General Discussions
Topic Back Home!!
Back Home!!
Total Views: 1645 - Total Replies: 3
Aug 29 2011, 3:51 am - By KevsKnight

We have finally made it back home!! Last night was the first night we have slept in our motorhome since the fire back in May. It was so nice to be home, but I slept with one eye open all night. Felt a bit weird.

It has been a long 4 and a half months being "homeless". We have missed out motorhome so much, and have been melting in this Texas heat all summer. We are back at the campground where we had the fire, and will be heading north to Colorado soon. Looking forward to some cooler weather.

The RV came out quite well. We still smelll "campfire" from time to time, but it is usually traced to something that we did not clean. Today it was one of Angie's hats. We get a little whiff and try to track it down. We have washed or replaced most everything in here. Well, insurance has replaced, we have washed :)  We have a new Dometic refrigerator, which we like so far. We will like it better if it doesn't catch fire!!

We still have some more organizing and tidying up before we hit the road, but we are real close. It is amazing how much we missed being in our own home!!

--kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
FreeCampsites.net - Your source for free camping locations
Aug 29 2011, 3:25 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Aww right on guys, this is great news! You have been on our minds constantly since this happened and we're so glad it's worked out.

Now let me know when you want to be interviewed for our radio show OK? I know others would love to hear about the ordeal.

Can't wait to hook up somewhere on the road.

Working and Living Our Dream Life

*** NuRVers.com ***