Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Deciding on that first intial workamper job
Total Views: 1508 - Total Replies: 5
Aug 05 2011, 3:14 am - By rcpruett

We are having a hard time deciding what job we want to do. We know that we don't want a boring job. We want something that will keep us busy and meet new people. We are looking at maingate, inc the nhra circuit. Is there anyone out there that is currently doing this or has done this work before.  Does anyone have any suggestions for us to check into that would be a fun job. 

All information is greatly appreciated

Raymond and Kerry
Aug 05 2011, 3:51 am - Replied by: Technomadia

Amazon.com should be hiring up for their peak season. We did that in Kansas a couple years ago, and it was always exciting! Kept us on our feet and met lots of great folks in the process. 

Here's a recount of our experience..

Workamping at Amazon.com – Was it Worth it? 

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Aug 05 2011, 4:12 am - Replied by: hitek_homeless

Amazon is a workout! It is also a great community for networking. Many (5 couples out of 40 give or take) of the people in my campground had summer jobs thanks to a fellow work camper, who happened to be the regional manager for a host camping company in Colorado, before the end of their stay with amazon.

A couple of 30-sometings on an ultimate adventure.
Aug 08 2011, 1:05 am - Replied by: BeBe

I am now working at my first workamping job...I just work in the office/store, checking people in, selling stuff & making rezzies, but it has been an awesome experience. Building community with the other workampers and just having fun with the vacationeers. I couldn't do the Amazon thing, being on your feet that long for days on end...this job is 3 days a week & I will defnitely look for other jobs like this.
~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

on the adventure of our lives......
2008 35' Southwind
2010 Subaru Forester toad

FreeCampsites.net - Your source for free camping locations

*** NuRVers.com ***