LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will
Sub-Forum General Discussions
Topic Back on the Road Soon!!
Back on the Road Soon!!
Total Views: 1844 - Total Replies: 8
Jul 22 2011, 11:24 pm - By KevsKnight

So happy!!! Our RV is almost all repaired and ready to roll again!! The outside is painted, and the new fridge is getting ready to be installed. I am so excited, just can not explain.

We have been off the road since early May when we experienced a fire in our RV. It was so slow getting things started in the repair process. However, once it started, it really got going!! We have been living in an apartment the last three months, and have confirmed over and over why we love full time RVing so much.

Can't wait to get back on the road!!

kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Jul 23 2011, 1:21 am - Replied by: DigitalOne

Good luck man. We're getting picks right?
Jul 24 2011, 7:03 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

SWEEEEEET! Congrats you guys. This scary detour is an affirmation that you are on the right path in life. I'm so happy for you two!

Hey what's this talk I hear about you going to Floriduh for winter?

Working and Living Our Dream Life
Jul 25 2011, 9:02 pm - Replied by: damonandjen

Awesome news!  We are looking forward to meeting up with y'all out on the road.
Damon and Jen

1994 35' Monaco Executive
Class A Diesel pusher
2004 Subaru Baja toad

Aug 05 2011, 4:21 am - Replied by: hitek_homeless

Sounds like you guys don't miss the sticks and bricks at all. I don't think that I could ever go back either. That fire must have been a lot worse than I thought. Congrats on getting your home back!

LiveWorkDream wrote:

Hey what's this talk I hear about you going to Floriduh for winter?

I guess they have been enlightened. As someone who grew up in the Florida Keys, I can't imagine why anyone wouldn't want to spend a winter there.I mean... you can swim in the ocean without a wetsuit.

A couple of 30-sometings on an ultimate adventure.
Aug 05 2011, 5:23 am - Replied by: KevsKnight

hitek_homeless wrote:

Sounds like you guys don't miss the sticks and bricks at all. I don't think that I could ever go back either. That fire must have been a lot worse than I thought. Congrats on getting your home back!

It has been very eye-opening. We have missed our home so much. It has been a very emotional thing for us. More so than I thought. 

However, we have treated this like another type of adventure - much like Technomadia's winter adventure. Not quite as tropical here, and a hell of a lot hotter, but an adventure :)

This is the first time either of us has lived in "stacked living". Ang has had a small condo, but where we are is more "apartment" like, although they call them lofts. It is a historical building that once was the largest powerplant in the area. We are living beneath two massive smokestacks, and amongst steel beams and cement floors and brick walls. And non-opening windows. Yes, not a single opening window.

We are 8 floors up, so fresh air is an elevator ride away. No balcony, which means no BarBQ. I normally cook most of our meals on the BBQ. That part sucked a lot.

We have neighbors, kind of like an RV park. However, everyone is packed into a smaller space, and not nearly as friendly. Ang and I are the RV geeks walking around here - saying Hi! to everyone :) 

It does neighbor an incredible park, and is on the most beautiful river I have ever seen. The neighbors have been fine, but we don't fit in super well. Or just haven't tried too hard to fit in. 

I have taken the opportunity to work out several times a week, and have dropped about 30 pounds since the fire! It has really confirmed to us that we prefer the road over living like this. People that live here have similar problems in their lives, but they are stuck in one spot and accumulating lots of stuff. Not us!!

The RV is 95% done. Just waiting on the Day/Night blinds to be replaced. I am going over this weekend to clean out my basement storage and do a few maintenance items. We will be all moved back in by the end of the month, and will leave New Braunfels sometimes after the first week of Sept.

Lots to do between now and then, and couldn't be happier doing it :)

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Aug 05 2011, 11:22 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

It's sometimes nice to get have an opportunity to contrast your life for a bit, and really choose it again.  I do wish your circumstances were not caused by such a tradegy :(

Glad to hear of the repair progress, and hope things wrap up soon and you're back roaming !  We can definitely appreciate that feeling right now ourselves. 

- CnC 

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Aug 08 2011, 12:27 am - Replied by: BeBe

I agree with Technomadia's comments...we have only been on the road a year now but you guys have been out there for awhile, it's gotta be nice to have that confirmation that you are living the life you want without any doubts...am so excited to meet up with you guys again!

~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

on the adventure of our lives......
2008 35' Southwind
2010 Subaru Forester toad

*** NuRVers.com ***