LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will
Sub-Forum Making a Living
Topic Summer 2011
Summer 2011
Total Views: 1983 - Total Replies: 9
May 22 2011, 5:12 pm - By DealinDavid

Hey all.  Just arrived at Lions Head RV Resort for our summer jobs.  I am excited to spend the summer visiting Yellowstone National Park and making a little money on the side. 

What are you up to this summer?

The Great MisAdventures of David & JoEllen
May 22 2011, 8:24 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

We just sold our travel trailer, and are about to spend the next month riding Amtrak around the country in search of a vintage bus to make our next home & office on wheels.  Should be a fun adventure!

Choo Choo!

- Cherie
Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

May 23 2011, 7:20 pm - Replied by: BeBe

We are going to South Lake Tahoe tomorrow, back where we started this RVing adventure, to spend 3 months at Tahoe Valley Campground. I will be workamping for the first time & happy that NuRVers "A Couple of Boomers" will be working their too!
~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

on the adventure of our lives......
2008 35' Southwind
2010 Subaru Forester toad

Jun 28 2011, 6:16 pm - Replied by: TravelingOnTheOutskirts

We are getting settled into our "new" 97 Fleetwood Bounder while we save up our pennies for the next trip!  Lots of BBQs and swimming in the lake! 
TravelingOnTheOutskirts.com
Jul 03 2011, 8:40 pm - Replied by: hitek_homeless

Just moving slowly through the four corner's states documenting locations for free camping and cleaning up trashy campsites. This will be the first year that we haven't driven across country.
A couple of 30-sometings on an ultimate adventure.
Jul 07 2011, 3:58 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

hitek_homeless wrote:
Just moving slowly through the four corner's states documenting locations for free camping and cleaning up trashy campsites. This will be the first year that we haven't driven across country.

That sounds awesome! Wish would were able to join you guys on this mission. Love the four corners.

We are currently planted in New Braunfels, Texas, and will probably be here another three months. Our motorhome suffered great damage to a fire a couple months back, and repairs have been slow to get started.

So, we are apartment dwellers this summer! We are using it as an adventure, but very ready to get back on the road. VERY ready. There are so many things about stationary living that I don't like, but we know it is only temporary. We will suck it up for the summer, and get back on the road as soon as we can.

Until then, I will be living vicariously through everyone else's adventures!

kev
I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Jul 16 2011, 1:10 am - Replied by: damonandjen

Well, we are still in Austin, TX a month and a half later than our original plans.  Tomorrow we head to the house for a final lawn and house cleanup, and a last trip to the storage unit.  When we do finally get on the road, we are headed to Boulder first to visit my aunt, then to Portland, OR to meet up with our Burningman crew, and then on to Burningman.

We are freaking itching like crazy to get on the road.  However, the Universe is keeping us here for some reason as yet still hidden.  So here we sit out at Lake Travis listening to Peter Tosh.

Damon
Damon and Jen

1994 35' Monaco Executive
Class A Diesel pusher
2004 Subaru Baja toad

Jul 16 2011, 2:07 pm - Replied by: Alex_n_Mike

We are patiently waiting (me not so patiently) on getting our RV in the next couple of days. After having a really bad experience at one dealer, we are at another one at the end of the purchase process. I won't believe it is ours until the keys are in my sweaty little palms!

Then we get to play with it for a month, decorating, learning what is what before we take it on it's first run up to Burning Man.

Just. Can't. Wait.

Jul 27 2011, 3:34 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Fabulous! You'll be amazed at how quickly the time flies. Good luck!
Working and Living Our Dream Life

Support NuRVers.com Members!

*** NuRVers.com ***