Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Has anyone toured the Earthships in Taos?
Total Views: 1314 - Total Replies: 3
May 07 2011, 2:43 am - By GreyDoggie

They look great - I would love to hear what other people thought of them (and the tour).

Thanks.

Esther

May 07 2011, 3:14 am - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Hi Esther,
Yes, we have. Back when we started looking for property we had the notion that we wanted to buy a piece of land and build one. That is, until we actually toured the campus and saw how much work goes into them! Call us lazy, but it just seemed like too much work for too little ROI.

Here are our blog posts about it. We highly recommend making the trek to see the institute. Even if you don't end up building an entire earthship there are some great ideas you can take away from it.

Living Lightly in an Earthship Home

Earthship Institute Tour Video

Maybe We’ll Rethink That Earthship Home Idea After All

Working and Living Our Dream Life
May 09 2011, 1:11 pm - Replied by: GreyDoggie

Thanks for the info!  I agree that the homes are attractive (in theory) but would take a big commitment to build and maintain. 

Besides my curiosity, our visit to the homes is to enable my almost 10 year old to experience other ways to live in the world.

May 15 2011, 10:17 pm - Replied by: GreyDoggie

Well, we visited but did not get to see much except a nice 20 min film about the houses and then we were allowed to walk around the old and new visitor's centers (for a $5 fee).  Not really what either of us expected - my son was disappointed since he wanted to go into the Earthships and see how things worked.

Support NuRVers.com Members!

*** NuRVers.com ***