LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » People As Places As People
Sub-Forum Introductions
Topic Hello from Robin
Hello from Robin
Total Views: 751 - Total Replies: 3
Apr 28 2011, 5:40 am - By Robin

Hi there, still in the "sticks" but working on plans to go full time with in the year. Lots for me to learn, so when I found this sight I was encouraged, besides sounds like there are a lot of cool people here.

I like thinking outside the box! Yeah!

I have two medium dogs and one cat that will be joining me.  My 21 yr old son wants to move and live on his own/school, etc...so being on the road will help with the empty nest.

I'm excited and the few people I told think I'm nuts, or they think its cool, or they don't think I am serious. hehe...just wait!
Slab City Fulltime Resident - Robi
Apr 28 2011, 1:40 pm - Replied by: SL1966

Hi and Welcome Robin (my second stalker, cool!) 
Apr 29 2011, 9:05 pm - Replied by: zennomads

Hello Robin,

welcome to our happy group. Tracy and I are empty nesters and we are so happy that we hit the road before the kids wanted to move back in. ;-)

For us, being on the has given us so many adventures and fun. It hard to believe we have been on the road for about 16 months now and the kids are so jealous.

Good Luck and have fun.

Zen Nomads - Wanderers in search of enlightenment
May 02 2011, 4:58 pm - Replied by: BeBe

Ditto what Sam and Tracy say! We are empty-nesters as well, although we are sure our kids would prefer it otherwise! And yes, they are all jealous of us, well maybe 3 out of the 4 are.  We are now in our 10th month of full-timing and having a blast. Bill and I are still working (tele-commuting) but it doesn't feel like working (as much) with this lifestyle. The NuRVers and a few other forums taught us everything we know & have continued to help us on a regular basis.

Welcome and use us!
~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

on the adventure of our lives......
2008 35' Southwind
2010 Subaru Forester toad

*** NuRVers.com ***