LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will
Sub-Forum Making a Living
Topic Money on the road
Money on the road
Total Views: 2016 - Total Replies: 5
Mar 11 2011, 5:28 am - By Misplacedfriday

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew of a great site to find temporary work. Just basic manual labor, etc. I checked usajobs.gov for National Park Service jobs but they all seem to be 6 month positions. I'm looking more for 1 month or less (because I want to travel! hah). I sure could use the help. Just any tips on making money over the road without a college education would be great! Thanks

-Mike
Mar 11 2011, 9:00 am - Replied by: Technomadia

Google for 'workamping' - those would be jobs that are geared to RVers and have shorter commitments. 
Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Mar 11 2011, 1:41 pm - Replied by: Misplacedfriday

Okay! I'll look into workcamping, thanks! So it's not just working at an RV site in order to stay there for free? 'Cuz I plan on boondocking most of the time
Mar 11 2011, 8:16 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

True - not all workamping jobs are within campgrounds. There are companies like Amazon that hire travelers. Check out www.workamper.com

I think if I was looking for short term gigs, I would look at temp agencies. I use to do temping a while back, and found that there are some good short term options. There are agencies that specialize in office-type positions, and others that do trades, and also day labor. Seems like most towns have a temp agency or two.

Good luck!

--kev
I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Mar 11 2011, 11:21 pm - Replied by: Misplacedfriday

Thanks, this is great advice
Mar 13 2011, 2:54 pm - Replied by: hitek_homeless

craigslist
A couple of 30-sometings on an ultimate adventure.
http://www.passportamerica.com

*** NuRVers.com ***