Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Jan 21 2011, 3:33 pm - Replied by: BeBe

There is also a free area called "Hi Jolly" not as far away as the Rubber Trampers but about 2 miles north of 10, you could bike into town from there

and we are definitely drinking and eating and having more fun to totally be worth your $6.66 nightly fee!!

never could I even have imagined what an idyllic time this has been - something I will remember as the highlight of our full-timing experience for sure!
~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

on the adventure of our lives......
2008 35' Southwind
2010 Subaru Forester toad

Jan 23 2011, 12:12 am - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Awww right on guys! We can't wait. Just banked almost $40 selling my avocados here so we're paid for!

Debating on which way to head into the mess tomorrow. How bad is the traffic on I-10?

If we cut through Glamis it's technically shorter, but if we go thru Yuma the traffic on Hwy 95 might not be so bad (assuming here).

Any thoughts about which way to head into town?

Working and Living Our Dream Life
Jan 23 2011, 3:16 am - Replied by: DealinDavid

Dreamers,  I-10 is I-10.  Lot's and lot's and lot's of traffic.  This traffic report is brought to you by a nomadic gypsy used to living where there is no cars and no traffic.

Really, you don't need to go all the way to Yuma, I-10 will work fine.....David

The Great MisAdventures of David & JoEllen
Jan 23 2011, 4:50 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Yeh, its just that I heard from friends of ours who said it took hours to cut through the QZ traffic to get to their spot.
Jan 23 2011, 6:37 pm - Replied by: BeBe

the traffic was really bad on Fri & Sat, may have slowed down today - Bill was out and about early this morning & it's definitely not as crazy out there...did you say AVOCADOS???????  Only my favorite things in the whole wide world, hope you have a few left!  What is your eta??
~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

on the adventure of our lives......
2008 35' Southwind
2010 Subaru Forester toad

Jan 23 2011, 6:39 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

"Hours"?? I would believe that if they were counting the time from New Mexico or something :)  I hear stuff like that all the time. I drove through town yesterday around 12/1:00 and it took me 10 minutes to cross town.

Yes - there is traffic during this time of January. QZ isn't big enough to wait for hours for anything.

--kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Jan 26 2011, 9:26 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

It's all fun and games till someone catches fire....

Jan 27 2011, 3:18 pm - Replied by: blars

Jonny was catching fire several times durring the RTR.  (Juggling torches.)
Jan 31 2011, 8:22 am - Replied by: KevsKnight

I believe everyone has left our desert hangout now, and hopefully everyone got the dust our of the crevices. I have posted up the last of the pictures in the album - check them out! The newest pictures are labeled "1/30 Update:".

Quartzsite - Jan '11

Thanks again everyone for a great time!

--kev
I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
FreeCampsites.net - Your source for free camping locations

*** NuRVers.com ***