Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Jan 19 2011, 12:15 am - Replied by: DealinDavid

UPS will deliver to the gate house in the LTVA.  Just give them the mile marker and name of area and they call when at the gate.
The Great MisAdventures of David & JoEllen
Jan 19 2011, 6:56 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

DealinDavid wrote:
UPS will deliver to the gate house in the LTVA.  Just give them the mile marker and name of area and they call when at the gate.

Great to know, thanks David!

Where are you these days?
Working and Living Our Dream Life
Jan 20 2011, 1:48 am - Replied by: DealinDavid

Hey guys and gals, we are camped across the highway.  Tried once to find the group, but did not know what to look for.  I wasn't expecting all that high class for a bunch of gypsies.  (big, expensive class A rigs)  Look for me to drop by sometime.  What time is Happy Hour?   Did you and Jim make it yet?
The Great MisAdventures of David & JoEllen
Jan 20 2011, 4:59 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

Hey David - we are pretty easy to find. We are 1.7 miles past the ranger booth. After you pass the dumpsters, the road will turn to dirt. You will pass the big flock of Bluebirds on the left. Continue on the road to just past the lone Airstream out there. We are 4 rigs in a group - almost a circle.

We are out where the population really thins out. Happy Hour! starts at 5. Religiously.

Jim and Rene are suppose to be here this weekend.

--kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Jan 20 2011, 7:05 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Yep, we'll be there on Sunday in time for happy hour. Sticking around for Saturday night at the Range here.

Kev, what ranger booth? Can you give me direx from EB I-10?

Jan 20 2011, 8:11 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

LiveWorkDream wrote:
Yep, we'll be there on Sunday in time for happy hour. Sticking around for Saturday night at the Range here.

Kev, what ranger booth? Can you give me direx from EB I-10?

Here is the map that was posted in the other posting - NuRVers Google Map. We are at the LaPosa South LTVA. The ranger shack is listed on the map - we are 1.7 miles past that. The arrow with the splat is the dump station. We are .5 miles past that.

--kev
Jan 20 2011, 9:10 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Oh duuuuh, I missed that post. Thanks!
Jan 20 2011, 10:51 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Another dumb question...if we're only staying 6 nights, do we still have to pay the $40?
Jan 20 2011, 11:03 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

LiveWorkDream wrote:
Another dumb question...if we're only staying 6 nights, do we still have to pay the $40?

Only if you stay in the LTVA (where we are). There is a free area a couple miles south on the highway. In the LTVA, there is only the 2 week or season option for passes. There is no nightly fee.

I am sure we can drink $40 worth of Vodka in a couple of nights. You can always look at it like that :)

--kev
Jan 21 2011, 1:23 am - Replied by: blars

The rubber tramps are staying in one of the two weeks free areas, west of town off of dome rock road.  I don't think we are drinking as heavily.

http://www.passportamerica.com

*** NuRVers.com ***