Welcome Guest Login or Signup
LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
NuRVers in Quartzsite - January '11
Total Views: 2405 - Total Replies: 29
Jan 09 2011, 5:05 am - By KevsKnight

Having a great time in the desert with other NuRVers! Today we went flea marketing in t-shirts and shorts. When we got home, we had some New NuRVers waiting for us! Trippinwithstanley got here in time for Happy Hour and a fully crowdsourced dinner.

Here are some pictures I posted earlier of our first couple weeks in Quartzsite.

Quartzsite - Jan '11

--kev
I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Jan 09 2011, 7:04 am - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Oh geez thanks, now we're really jealous. It even looks fun in that cold weather!

Countin' down the days till we get out of LaLa Land. I'm tempted to skip the Slabs to come see you guys. We were planning on arriving in QZ during the last week of January. We're going to the Slabs first because we want to make sure our dish is working properly. If not, we'll need stuff overnighted to us, which Solar Mike will let us do.

Do you guys know if there's an address in QZ that we can use there for next day UPS/Fed Ex?

Working and Living Our Dream Life
Jan 09 2011, 7:08 am - Replied by: KevsKnight

LiveWorkDream wrote:
Do you guys know if there's an address in QZ that we can use there for next day UPS/Fed Ex?

I believe The Quiet Times accepts packages for a small fee. Not positive, but I will try to find out.

'Mon out! Today was mid 60s. Great group of rowdies here :)

--kev
Jan 09 2011, 6:39 pm - Replied by: BeBe

LiveWorkDream wrote:
Oh geez thanks, now we're really jealous. It even looks fun in that cold weather!

Countin' down the days till we get out of LaLa Land. I'm tempted to skip the Slabs to come see you guys. We were planning on arriving in QZ during the last week of January. We're going to the Slabs first because we want to make sure our dish is working properly. If not, we'll need stuff overnighted to us, which Solar Mike will let us do.

You should get here as fast as you can!!
I had something sent UPS to General Delivery 85346 then I got a slip to come pick it up in Blythe (20 min away) open 9-10am only to pick up pkgs, it worked fine. But someone may know of another place here in Q.
~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

on the adventure of our lives......
2008 35' Southwind
2010 Subaru Forester toad

Jan 09 2011, 11:38 pm - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Hey thanks guys, that's good to know. Only an hour to pick up packages though. Oh my gosh like you have to be somewhere on time? Rough!

It's cold here in L.A. today. Yuck.

It's tempting to change plans and get there sooner....hmmm...stay tuned.

Working and Living Our Dream Life
Jan 10 2011, 3:52 am - Replied by: blars

Fedex is willing to hold for pickup at some of it's offices, UPS may be willing too but I've only done that after they attempted delivery.
Jan 11 2011, 3:57 am - Replied by: KevsKnight

It is ridiculous how good our crowd-sourced dinners are. And CS Happy Hours :)

Great new neighbors, sunshine, awesome sunsets. Good times!

--kev

Jan 11 2011, 4:39 pm - Replied by: BeBe

we are up to 8 again with 4 rigs...life is good and we are having a great time, now just waiting for those 70 degree temps!!
~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

2008 35' Southwind

Jan 12 2011, 8:29 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

Just found out some great news. My laptop has been disabled since we arrived because of a bad charger. It ends up that there is a place in town that will receive UPS/FedEx packages for a small charge! The fee is $1 for < 50 lbs, and $2 for > 50. I told them that was too cheap, but I know a good deal when I see one!

To receive a package, have it sent to your name, in care of Quiet Times.

Your Name
c/o Quiet Times
90 East Main St
Quartzsite, Az  85346

I had a power cord sent overnight (yea Amazon Prime!!) and will report back how that all goes tomorrow.

--kev

Jan 13 2011, 9:20 pm - Replied by: BeBe

awesome - good to know - thanks!
~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

2008 35' Southwind

Jan 14 2011, 7:30 am - Replied by: KevsKnight

New pictures posted in the Album -

Quartzsite - Jan '11

Good times!

--kev
http://www.passportamerica.com

*** NuRVers.com ***