LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » People As Places As People
Sub-Forum Introductions
Topic New too at the NU2
New too at the NU2
Total Views: 1478 - Total Replies: 7
Apr 29 2010, 1:52 am - By RVJoey

Wow. My first rally in 12 years of owning an RV! What a gathering.
I felt like I was part of the opening team to a brand new chain of restaurants - part of something big, important and FUN!
I arrived a day late after having canceled my reservation. My RV was a wreck and looked like a storage unit (that had been ransacked). When I heard there was going to be a "parade of homes" I thought I should leave. I was certain they would not accept me in this tribe... the weakest link... unfit for travel. Perhaps they would sacrifice me? But.. NO! Not this group. I have never felt so comfortable being me in my life.
This talented, passionate, conscious and futuristic group of weirdos is so refreshing.
More on them another time.
I'm thrilled and confident now that my choice to be a solo RV'er doesn't have to be so scary.
RVJoey

Apr 29 2010, 3:29 am - Replied by: livelightly

Hey sweets! So sad I missed giving you one last hug before you headed back out on the open road. We're so glad you were able to make it...and glad you had fun!!

xxoo
sara

Sustainable Living in an RV Powered By Straight Vegetable Oil
Apr 29 2010, 3:33 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

Howdy NuB! ;)  It was so cool to meet you, and to be able to hang out and visit a bit. It is never quite enough, so we just have to make it a point to get together again!

Did you hook up with Jonathan about your techie needs? If not, he is user smthng on here if you want to contact him.

Thanks again for coming out to the Gathering. You can roll with us ANY day!

--kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Apr 29 2010, 7:11 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

I'm only saying hi to you because Kev said we had to.  

*giggle*

Ok.. not true.  It was very very awesome to have you come to the rally, and so glad you changed your mind to join us! Your presence as a solo female traveler was an excellent addition to our eclectic mix of freaks on wheels. 

Welcome to our virtual campfire... and until next time our paths cross!

- Cherie
Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Apr 29 2010, 8:09 pm - Replied by: RVJoey

Thank you Cherie, it's nice to know you obey. ha

I am still recovering from so much social output and stimulating/fun convos.

I hope you find the time to edit your documentary. I know it will be full of such a variety of valuable information.
I bought a domain name that I really like.  NomadMe.com  So, I will re-post my vlogs from last fall when this latest journey began soon.

Hope to see yall soon
Joey

Apr 30 2010, 3:37 am - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Hey girl, what's up with sneaking out at 5am? We totally missed saying goodbye so let's not make it a long time till we meet up again OK?

We had a blast getting to know ya. Keep in touch and let us know when that new blog is live (great name, btw)!

P.S. I wore my confession earrings today and loved them. Thought of you every time I realized I was wearing them. Thank you!

Working and Living Our Dream Life
Apr 30 2010, 5:28 am - Replied by: gillgodd

Hey there fellow irreverent slacker
I loved meeting you and can't wait to talk pointlessness at the next hang out.  My son keeps telling people about your monitor - I think he's trying to find a way to convince you to give it to him.  His sister and I would have to move out to make space for it but he may make that choice very easily with how much we are asking him deep questions about his emotions these days.
Back in Marathon - it's really really sleepy and Western movie style right now.  Been grooming donkeys, eating snocones, sitting on benches on the main street.  I'll keep a slat warm for your visit.
Ha Ha
Gillian
May 01 2010, 5:33 pm - Replied by: VanTramp

Sounds like you folks had a great time! RVJoey, loved your descriptions of this group :) Makes me think we might even fit in okay! Wish we could have been at the gathering to meet you all! Maybe next time!

-Mike
97 Roadtrek 170P "Taj Ma Trek"
HTTP://WWW.VanTramps.Com

Support a Site Member!

*** NuRVers.com ***