LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will
Sub-Forum General Discussions
Topic Fuel discounts?
Fuel discounts?
Total Views: 1526 - Total Replies: 1
Jan 05 2010, 4:50 pm - By smthng

Since my last diesel fill up was over $200, I'm looking to save whatever I can on fuel.  Has anyone got any tips or suggestions on fuel discounts, clubs, rewards, etc?  I know a lot of places have some kind of incentive program, but I'm finding a lot of them have all sorts of fees or only discount when using thier credit card.  I'm definately not looking for more credit cards or to get "tied" to one company if I can help it.  Any ideas on ways to save at the pumps?

--smthng
http://wegofar.com/
'01 Newmar Dutch Star - No name yet, but my wife calls it the Death Star. :S
'06 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon - "Teflon" - has to go away soon. :(

'09 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon - I call it "Little Tiny Baby Jeep That Needs To Grow Up By About Four Inches", but Dasy isn't really happy about that.

'03 Yamaha TW-200 - "Little Tractor"

Jan 05 2010, 11:08 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

We use a rewards credit card that gives us 3% cash back on all gas purchases (but with a cap of $12/mo, then it reverts to 1%).  

A lot of RVers seem to plan their routing around Costco's/Sam's discount pumps... but in my experience, they don't offer diesel very often. 

We also use GasBuddy on our iPhones to locate the best prices on fuel. Especially with diesel, prices can fluctuate wildly. We've seen up to .50 per gallon differences within stations just a mile apart from each other.  

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

*** NuRVers.com ***