LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will
Sub-Forum General Discussions
Topic Ridiculous RV Website Philosophy
Ridiculous RV Website Philosophy
Total Views: 1496 - Total Replies: 4
Nov 07 2009, 4:22 am - By KevsKnight

Tonight I clicked a link posted by someone I follow on Twitter - PamperedCamper. The link was to their site announcing a special on shipping or something. I always like to check out what the other guy is doing, so I clicked on Pampered-camper.com

A quick look around their very lenghty navigation menu yeilded a very interesting button. It was titled "ANTI-OBAMA?". Really? I had to click it. The page was an advertisement for a friend's site called UncoolObama.com. Awesome domain  name

Spend 10 minutes with me and you know that I am pretty luke-warm about politics and religion. Extreme supporter of doing what a person feels is right on either front. However, when you are running a business, why would you bring something like that into equation? How about a "HATE-JESUS?" button.

If the owner of that site has such strong political views that they have to make it known on their business website, good for them. Hopefully they understand that, like it or not, Obama had about half of all Americans vote for him. Even if RVing is a heavily Obama-hating majority, they are still cutting off a huge number of potential customers by making that exclamation. Are they doing so well with the huge number of right-wing RVers that they don't even feel they need to bother with the lefty Obama supporters? 

Silly. Just silly. Good for them for feeling so strongly about their political beliefs that they can shout it out from their business site. Or, as an idea, maybe start a blog or something that you can get that important Uncool-Obama message out.

Personally, I am glad they made it clear that they don't want my business.  Let me waste my time making this forum post instead of looking through their site for something to purchase.

--kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Sep 05 2010, 3:23 am - Replied by: SilverSnail

I'm completely with you, Kev.
Sharon | 2012 20' Airstream Safari | 2010 Nissan Titan
Travel log: www.TheSilverSnail.com
Photography: www.TracesofPlaces.com
Graphic Design: www.BluecatMedia.com
Sep 05 2010, 4:37 pm - Replied by: BeBe

ditto
~Debby & Bill
aka eXceSs & Lycktonite

on the adventure of our lives......
2008 35' Southwind
2010 Subaru Forester toad

Sep 06 2010, 2:49 am - Replied by: Remi

True dat

Remi
NOLA's Lost Son blog
Sep 06 2010, 10:10 pm - Replied by: WanderingWishnies

Just goes to show that you don't necessarily have to be smart to start a business.
FreeCampsites.net - Your source for free camping locations

*** NuRVers.com ***