FORUM
Main Forum Index » Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will
Sub-Forum General Discussions
Topic Gas and RV Maintenance software
Gas and RV Maintenance software
Total Views: 1919 - Total Replies: 3
Jul 15 2009, 3:19 pm - By smthng

Hey all,

Been looking for gas and maintenance tracking software for RV use (preferably able to keep track of my Toad too) and haven't found much that impresses me.  The two that keep popping up on Google appear to have been somewhat "abandoned" and haven't had any updates for a couple of years... although I imagine they'd still be happy to take my money. ;)

Anyone using anything to keep track of their rig that they like?

--smthng
http://wegofar.com/
'01 Newmar Dutch Star - No name yet, but my wife calls it the Death Star. :S
'06 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon - "Teflon" - has to go away soon. :(

'09 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon - I call it "Little Tiny Baby Jeep That Needs To Grow Up By About Four Inches", but Dasy isn't really happy about that.

'03 Yamaha TW-200 - "Little Tractor"

Jul 15 2009, 6:09 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

We've been using GasBuddy on the iPhone, that both finds us cheap fuel when we pull into a town AND tracks our gas fills and mileage. 

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Jul 16 2009, 9:03 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

I go old school and use Excel to track our maintenance (RV and Jeep) and fuel fills (RV only). I always have my laptop up front with me while I am driving so it is pretty convenient to use.

Other things in the same workbook: GPS locations of campgrounds, DirecTV settings for campgrounds we have been to, propane fills, maintenance schedule, repairs needed/completed, weights from truck scales. I heart data :)

--kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Jul 19 2009, 7:25 pm - Replied by: Emmymau

We go even older school, and track gas and maintenance info for the RV and toad on an actual, paper notepad that lives in a dash cubby.  Man, I feel like a total Luddite now...
1995 National RV Dolphin 533--the Incorrigible
1993 Ford Ranger--not yet named
Mushroom--the ship's cat
http://www.elepent.com

Support NuRVers.com Members!

*** NuRVers.com ***