LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will
Sub-Forum General Discussions
Topic Sheets?
Sheets?
Total Views: 1619 - Total Replies: 1
Jul 15 2009, 1:14 pm - By smthng

We're headed to pick our new (to us) RV tomorrow and have seriously started chewing on logistics.  One of the first ones to rear it's head was sheets. 

Our new home comes with a short queen bed.  I forget the exact measurements, but it's probably about 8 inches shorter than our "normal" queen size that we're used to.  A few web searches didn't turn up any decent sources for short sheets.  Where do you all find them?  I'm looking for reasonable prices, but more importantly we need GOOD sheets.  It's one of those luxuries we're not willing to skimp on. My wife gets a bit snobbish at anything less than a 300 thread count. ;)

--smthng
http://wegofar.com/
'01 Newmar Dutch Star - No name yet, but my wife calls it the Death Star. :S
'06 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon - "Teflon" - has to go away soon. :(

'09 Jeep Unlimited Rubicon - I call it "Little Tiny Baby Jeep That Needs To Grow Up By About Four Inches", but Dasy isn't really happy about that.

'03 Yamaha TW-200 - "Little Tractor"

Jul 15 2009, 6:06 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

Since the bed is shorter than your sheets.. how about just tucking the extra length underneath the mattress?  Or using a sewing machine to modify a set you like, or using safety pins or such.     Then you can keep your favorite sheets. 

Our bed is technically a full size plus we have a very thick foam mattress topper that gives it more height and comfort, but we use queen size sheets on it. I love having a larger than needed top sheet at the very least - helps from keeping your bed partner from stealing them as easily :)

Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Remote Income E-book packed with Resources

*** NuRVers.com ***