LIVE CHAT | INSTANT MESSENGER | BOOKMARK

FORUM
Main Forum Index » Nomad, Vagabond, Call Me What You Will
Sub-Forum General Discussions
Topic Traveling w/ Pets
Traveling w/ Pets
Total Views: 1586 - Total Replies: 5
Jun 23 2009, 5:21 pm - By Technomadia

I'm working on our next entry into our series on Answers to Common Excuses not to travel full time, which will be on pets!

We travel with our kitten, Kiki, full time. And we' love to feature other travel bloggers who are traveling full-time/often with their pets.  If you're doing so and would like to be featured in the article - be in touch!   

Thanks,
 - Cherie
Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Jun 24 2009, 5:48 pm - Replied by: KevsKnight

Angie is pretty involved in our dog's maintenance. She has done a great job of establishing a dog care network for the places we go. The bay area acts as his care home-base, much like we do for ourselves. When shots or other maintenance is needed on the road, she has been able to find great places.

She also deals with his grooming and boarding (doggy daycare) when needed. She talks to other park residents to find recommendations. That has proven to be a good source, as RVers seem to love their little doggies :)

I will ask her to post up some specifics if anything stands out to her. If you are looking for specific information, post it up here.

Enjoy your articles - thanks for doing them!

--kev

I have washboard abs. They are just hidden under 50#s of laundry.
Jun 24 2009, 6:03 pm - Replied by: Technomadia

I'm mostly, at this point, looking for folks with blogs/websites that have some inclusion of their life with pets while traveling.  I like to point to other examples than just ourselves of making this stuff work :)

I'm looking for all forms of travel aside from RVing too..  folks who fly with their pets on a regular basis, backpack with them, train, sail, boat, walk, bike.. whatever :)   The main point is to show that you don't have to choose between travel and pets. 

Thanks Kev :)  Do you and Ang have a web profile somewhere that we could point to in the article?  And of course, any specific advice is welcome too, and I'd be happy to quote folks if they provide how they'd like to be credited. 

- Cherie
Cherie and Chris / Technomads / www.technomadia.com
1961 GM 4106 - Vintage Bus
On the road since 2006 

Jun 25 2009, 2:56 am - Replied by: LiveWorkDream

Well, we started traveling with our Jerry because he got diagnosed with cancer. Ha, we bought the rig just for him! Anyhow, we had two awesome years on the road with him before the cancer took over. We didn't keep a blog specifically about our travels with him (he has his own website, Tripawds.com), but we do talk about him quite a bit in our LiveWorkDream and his Tripawds blog.

We're happy to answer any questions about traveling with a dog while fulltiming!

Working and Living Our Dream Life
Jun 26 2009, 3:27 am - Replied by: Emmymau

Hm...we don't have any blog posts about Mushroom.  Maybe this should be rectified!
1995 National RV Dolphin 533--the Incorrigible
1993 Ford Ranger--not yet named
Mushroom--the ship's cat
http://www.elepent.com

May 14 2011, 8:16 pm - Replied by: wildzen

Reviving an old post. I could just start a new one, but since I'm already here.....

I have 2 cats, 1 who is just fine inside thankyou-very-much, and one who has recently become very much an outdoor boy. Do others have cats who are outdoor predator types, and how do you handle this living on the road?

Wanting to get some different perspectives, so I can see some ranges of ideas :))

http://www.passportamerica.com

*** NuRVers.com ***